Saturday, 3 June 2017

Woman says her skin burned from inside out after dosage error (Photo)

A Georgia woman who is three years into a painful recovery is suing after claiming she received the wrong dosage of a medication that caused her body to burn from the inside out. Khaliah Shaw, 26, spent three weeks in a medically induced coma while her skin slowly peeled off and wants to ensure that other patients are protected from pharmaceutical errors, 11Alive.com reported.

"This did not have to happen,” Shaw, who lives in Snellville, about 30 miles northeast of Atlanta, told 11Alive.com.


“This was not just some sort of fluke in my opinion. This happened as a directly (sic) result of somebody’s error.” In 2014, Shaw told her doctors she felt depressed and received a prescription for Lamictal, an anti-seizure medication sometimes used to treat bipolar disorders.


Source: Tech Times.

Share this

0 Comment to "Woman says her skin burned from inside out after dosage error (Photo)"

Post a Comment