Wednesday, 19 July 2017

Four Boko Haram commanders surrender to Nigerian Army

 


Four new Boko Haram leaders on July 18, 2017 surrendered to the Nigerian army at Goniri in Borno state. According to the statement released by the Nigerian army spokeman, Brig Gen. Sani Usman, the four repentant terrorists willingly deserted their hideouts and surrendered themselves to 120 Task Force Battalion at Goniri in Borno.


“During preliminary interrogation, they confirmed that they abandoned the terrorism because of incessant hardship and realising that they were misled by their terrorist group leaders.

“They further stated they were also erroneously misinformed and brainwashed about Islam and the Nigerian military and the society generally.
“The remorseful surrendered terrorists regretted their involvement in terrorism and marveled at the courtesy and humane treatment accorded them by the military on surrendering,’’ he said.
He called on other terrorists that are still hiding to also come out and renounce the “devilish creed.’’

Usman said that adequate arrangements had been made to receive all those that voluntarily renounced terrorism and surrendered themselves, assuring that they would be treated “humanely.’’ 


Source: PM News, Premium Times

Share this

0 Comment to "Four Boko Haram commanders surrender to Nigerian Army "

Post a Comment